Today I had my last photo and painting class! Sad for painting, yay for photo. We did a critique on our last 2 paintings and I accidentally fell asleep a tiny bit... I liked how my cubism painting that we did at Gare de Lyon turned out, but as for my surrealist painting, I really hate it. I was trying to channel Dali by doing a simple and weird subject and have the background far away and ambiguous. And I liked the ideaaaa behind it, but it just looked so messy and like I didn't spend much time on it. Which I didn't. Speaking of art, I decided a few days ago to minor in art! Which isn't that big of a deal, but I really enjoy it and just want to learn more about it. Paris has inspired me once again.
I was so proud that mom was able to find the ISA office today all by herself! She went on a bus tour yesterday and walked all over Paris by herself and made it fine! We can only text each other when we both have wifi (so when she is at her hotel and I am at my apartment) so if she got lost, there would be no way for us to contact each other. So that's scary but there haven't been any problems.
Yesterday we went to Monceau, a garden in north west Paris that has a mini pyramid, a fake volcano thing, and a bunch of just random, small replicas of famous architecture, so why would we NOT paint a surrealist painting there?! Before I headed to the garden, we went to a beautiful terrace on top of a 9 story department store and it had a beautiful view of the whole city. I could see the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe. All of my favorites from one place. I took way too many pictures and I am too lazy to put them up right now. But I decided to break the bank and eat lunch up there!
At Monceau, me, Maddy, and Danielle sat under a tree and when it started to rain, the giant tree was like an umbrella! We just sat there and watched it pour from the edge of the leaves on. We caught each other up on the details of our weekend and Danielle had a lot to share because she had just gotten back from London. It was so fun to watch Maddy paint because it completely changed about 4 different times. She really gets into it and you can tell by looking at her finished paintings. I can especially tell because I was sitting right next to her and watched. She was covered in paint and a lady on the metro home asked if she was a painter and then snuck a picture of the back of her legs that were covered in paint. We got a beer at a place that said it was happy hour and we ended up saving about 60 cents. Woo. But then we got macaroons (at a place that smelled like Ramen Noodles) and it started raining even harder! It was fun.
I am off to spend one of my last nights in Paris with my friends! Bisous!


No comments:
Post a Comment