I have so much to write but I am exhausted. My first 24 hours in Paris were fantastic! We had orientation today so I met lots of people in my program. I feel like I have seen so much of the city, but looking at a map we only covered a small area. I spend most of the day with 3 other girls in my program. One of those being my roommate. We saw and toured Notre Dame, found the University where we will be taking classes, had real raspberry mojitos :), people watched at the Luxembourg park, got bothered for a cigarette 3 times by the same drunk guy, got lost a few times, and ate yummy ice cream (I had mocha flavored) while sitting by the Siene listening to someone play the accordion. It feels like I'm in a movie. I didn't take many pictures today because I need to get a bigger bag with a zipper so I can fit my nice camera in it and not worry about it getting stolen. They told is today during orientation to not take out iPhones because thieves look for those and will take it. And I don't want that to happen. Duh. But I did snap a picture of my dinner! Poulet, frites et mojito framboise!
I feel like I'm already learning some more French. My host mom speaks as much English as I do French so picking it up is a must. And it is no surprise that one of the phrases I have been using the most all day has been très beau, because everything is so beautiful! We also try to speak French as much as possible at restaurants.
The apartment that I'm staying at with my host family and roommate is adorable. It has high ceilings and the walls are pink and yellow in different rooms. Our room has an old fashioned window that opens out to the center of the apartment building. Our breakfast is waiting on little trays in the morning and it was so cute that I had to take a picture of that, too. I made coffee by just scooping brown powder into the cup and adding hot water. Not what I am used to but it was delish! (The blobs on the toast is jelly.)
Bonne nuit!


No comments:
Post a Comment