Today was my last day of French class! :( I met some friends in my class and most of them are leaving Paris today or tomorrow. I'm going to miss them! I really wish I could take a French class in July. Since I missed so much when I was sick, I feel like there is so much more I could have learned. But I get to take photography and painting classes and I am SO excited! The past few days we have been talking about how to order food and what different pastries are called in France. So today we went on a little trip to a boulangerie. I got a lemon macaroon and it was delish. We then walked to the Louvre and went to the mall under the museum. It was a good last day of class!
Yesterday for my afternoon class, we went on a little field trip to Sacre-Coeur which is a giant church on the top of a giiiiiant hill. It has a beautiful view of the city. I didn't take my camera to class yesterday because it was pouring in the morning. I loved it so much, that I had to back today. So after class, I bought a sweatshirt from the university and after getting lost for a while, found the metro stop I needed and went back to Sacre-Coeur. There is a little sideways elevator thing going up the hill that is available because there are so many steps up.
This isn't the best angle for a building this huge. It's even more beautiful when you can see the whole building at once.
This guy was doing tricks for money with a soccer ball. He would lay on his back and bounce it back at forth on his feet laying on the little square of concrete, spin the ball on a pen and hold it in his mouth, balance it on his head and take his many layers of clothing off... all sorts of tricks! In middle picture, he is actually spinning the ball on a pen and holding the pen is his mouth while he climbed up the light post. Woah.
There is a little square not far from the church that is filled with artists and their drawings and paintings. I loooove this part. Most are drawings of people like you can get done at an amusement park, and the rest are paintings of different places in Paris. As I walked by though, they all ask if I wanted my picture done. Some were more pushy than others. I want to go back and get a portrait done, but when I am having a really good hair day.
This guy was like a live robot. If you put money in his top hat, he would move like a robot to shake your hand and take a picture with you. It was really cool.
So many tourist. And I am one of them.
I love this place and will definitely be going back!





No comments:
Post a Comment