Last night I was thinking of things that I wanted to do today and I had heard someone talk about the modern art museum in my class and so I decided that that's where I would go and I was so excited all night. I went to the Centre Pompidou this morning and loved it!!! It is a huge building and I had a hard time finding the entrance, then finding the exhibits that my free ticket gave me access to. I went to the wrong place a lot until I found the the 2 exhibits of modern art from 1905-1950's and from 1960's to now. But I just loved it.
Took 5 escalators to the top of the building with a view of the city all the way up.
Real live Picasso blue period paintings!! Wow.
This guy put on a show to music in the big area outside of the museum. He did a layout and some other tumbling tricks. He had a really nice body and was pretty funny and asked for money after of course. After I watched this show, I stayed sitting in my spot to watch another one that was down a little bit farther but not as good. A kind of creepy guy with about 4 piercings came up to me and started speaking in French so I just said "I don't speak French" in French and he left me alone.
These girls were walking around and getting their picture professionally taken by a few different guys like a photo shoot so I had to take a picture just in case I later find out that they were on like France's Next Top Model or something.
I ran into one of my friends from class at the Pompidou right before she was leaving to catch a plane back home. We hung out for a bit and I asked her what else I should do today. She suggested the Pere-Lachaise Cemetery so I went there after I watched that guy's little show. Jim Morrison is buried here and some other famous people that are probably a lot more known among the French. The cemetery is HUGE and after I saw Jim's grave, I sat on a bench not that far away from it, and everyone that passed by me was either coming from the direction of his grave or headed down that way. I think it's a hit. The cemetery is packed, and all the other ones that I have been to has the graves in straight lines, but this one has huge stones (I know the giant ones have an actual name) just randomly put every where so close together that no grass can even grow between.
It was so peaceful.
When I was looking for his grave, there was a couple and another random guy looking at a map all together and I heard the name Jim so I asked if they were looking for it and just followed them to the site. While I was taking pictures, someone was playing a Doors song on their phone which was cool.
I didn't know what to do for dinner and so I thought why not go to the Eiffel Tower. I bought an expensive sandwich and watched people take many funny pictures in front of the tower. There were two reeeaaaaally cute maybe Italian maybe not guys and so I asked them if they wanted me to take their picture. One of my favorite hobbies. Taking other tourists pictures for them when they're struggling. Another sketch guy came up to me and said bon appetit and after I said thank you he asked me where I was from. And he's like "O so you don't have a country? OK. Bye bye." I'm glad he left me alone. And as I was leaving ANOTHER man in his late 20's maybe had a really long conversation with me and he started to freak me out. I kept thinking that his friend was going to come up behind me and rip my purse off my shoulder. I don't know why else he was talking to me. But he asked me where from the US I was from and I got scared and said California. Hahaha whoops. And then when he asked me if he could guess how old I was, I said I had to go.
ALSO, Emma Roberts is in Paris right now. The night that I went to the Eiffel Tower and saw it sparkle, she took a picture and posted it to Instagram. Yesterday when I went to the Louvre for class, she was there and to a picture!!! I am bound and determined to meet a celebrity while I am here and it just might be Emma Roberts.




No comments:
Post a Comment